Thursday, September 4

I work myself hard all day

So, I woke up at 8:30 am this morning, and started into my remaining homework for my classes.  I worked hard, all the way up to the time I had to get to class on campus at 12:30 pm.  After eating a quick peanut butter and jelly sandwich I made it to the business building with a few extra minutes to spare, and attended my first two classes of the semester (having attended the IS junior core orientation yesterday morning).

After class ended at 3:15 pm, I went with my group to the library to work on our accounting case study, and didn't leave study room #5821 until after 9:00 pm this evening.  I then came home famished, and lived off of the hospitality of the wonderful women of M2.  A few minutes later my roommate Xister came home, and I remarked to him about what a busy, tiring day I'd had.  He simply responded by telling me that he had just gotten home himself, and had been on campus since 9:00 am.

And I quote:

"I'm sorry that it tires you out when you work almost as hard as I do."

Now, I am not a bitter person, and I have no feelings of bitterness toward Xister (there are certainly other persons for whom I reserve those emotions).  But at the same time, I must admit that this simply deflates my feeling of accomplishment and importance as a hard working BYU business student.  Although, I must interject that I think his day of "work" probably included much more walking around, talking, socializing, and in general giving his brain and tush a break than my day of work did.  So there.

4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Hahah. I hate it when people tell me that their life is harder than mine! I mean, can't we just whine about it once in a while?! That story is hilarious. You should probably pack more food for lunch at school.

xister said...

7:30-8:45 Wake up, get ready routine
9:00-1:30 Class (OT, Analysis 2, Advanced Probability, Urban Economics,no breaks between classes)
1:30-2:30 Lunch
2:30-6:45 Work (I analyze flexible semiparametric distributions which have no closed form pdf which are nonmonotonic transforamations of the normal distribution)
7:00-8:30 Debate Team
8:30-10:30 Homework in the library

Please note that there is no dinner in this schedule.

Thank you. :)

P.S. I'm very proud of how hard you worked yesterday. I just thought it was funny that your "long" day was sandwiched in the middle of mine, which was sandwiched by every one of my days during Winter semester last year.

Unknown said...

Wait one cotton-picking minute...you don't have a single block of time in the library from 3pm to 9pm. That, I feel, outweighs any other busy aspect of your flighty schedule, my friend.

I try not to complain, but to be out-complained simply is just not acceptable.

Bran said...

This seems like a proper place to let go and whine a little bit.

So schedule goes like this.
Sunday evening: Make two casseroles for the week-this will feed the two of us all week long, howbeit dreary

Weekdays: Wife's alarm goes off usually by 4:30 for her to wake up and do homework. I'm a little lazier than her...I try to get up by 6:30 after which I get ready and pack our lunch and dinner into bags and prepare cereal in tupperware for wife to eat as we walk. Leave by 7:30

Work from 8-12
eat lunch while walking to class
Junior core curriculum from
12:30 to 3:30. Group work/homework/whatever work from 3:30-10:30.
Eat dinner somewhere in there which was brought in more tupperware.
Walk home-arrive about 11. rinse out tupperware.

Time for being romantic is scheduled for Sundays, Fridays, and occasionally Wednesday if we're lucky....