Sunday, April 6

Strange happenings

I think I might as well give up on my crusade to become a normal person. Based on all available evidence, I am naught but a strange boy.

For example, I went to get quarters from the wash hut in order to continue my laundry one evening this last week. As I got my quarters, I felt that it would be selfish of me to take their quarters without contributing to the establishment. I perused the vending machines perfunctorily and discovered, to my delight, that they had IBC root beer bottles in one machine. I then proceeded to attempt to purchase one, and in my haste must have purchased a bottle of flavored water in the process.
With no other course of action available to me at that point, I had to pay more money to get the root beer. I figured I would save the best for last, and decided I would drink the water on the walk home. So there I was, walking home with a pocket full of quarters, drinking a bottle of water, with a glass bottle (of root beer) stashed in my jacket. I felt like I was smuggling something. I'd be a horrible drunk, probably.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there! so you guys were talking about blogs and such last night and I realized I should involve myself in all that. I have one, but no one (absolutely no one) knows it exists so it doesn't really count. ANYWAYS your wash hut story is a pretty good story. not as good as some others you have...but still quality ;)

PS this is Jessica

PPS thanks for always making fun of me. I'm so glad I can always count on you.

Unknown said...

My blog is nothing but the rambling of a lost sailor on the stormy seas of college life. I'm glad you enjoy it : )