Friday, March 27

Clean sound

The piano tuner just came over this morning.  Despite the fact that it added one more thing to my day so far that has kept me from studying as well as I'd like for the GMAT (which I am re-taking next Friday) it is a simply wonderful feeling to have a freshly tuned piano in the apartment.  I feel like I should make some sort of witty comment about spring cleaning, but I can't think of one.

The tuner also tied a string back together that broke a week or so ago; I had been playing one of Chopin's nocturnes, just another day at the piano, and all of the sudden I thought that my world was crashing in on itself and someone was firing a gun at me all at once.  I wish I had a picture of my face at that moment...it probably would have looked something like a mix between Xister when he is practicing his mens' chorus songs and a little boy who has put off using the restroom for just a second too long.  Which I suppose could be very different faces depending on the little boy in question.  That's beside the point, though.

In any case I have a nice set of keys to bang on now, and that horrible experience is past me now.  Maybe I should start studying again before I need to get my laundry out from the dryer.

2 comments:

xister said...

You probably weren't nearly so handsome as when I'm practicing my Men's Chorus songs.

Unknown said...

That's why I used the wording I did..."a mix". I sure hope that some of those good looks have been rubbing off on me; I've been living with you long enough to deserve it.