Tuesday, August 25

Fixing things

I worked most of the day today, as usual. Unfortunately, around 2:00 pm this afternoon one of the IT team guys decided it was about time we updated my computer name from my old co-worker's name to my own.

After about four reboots due to removing the machine from the domain, changing the computer name, and then re-adding the machine back to the domain, my computer became suddenly unusably slow. If you think I may be whining, try booting up your computer, then waiting 30 minutes for it to open an outlook email message.

We spent about two hours trying to fix it, killing processes, so on and so forth. We then tried 'repairing' windows using the install cd. As it stands, my computer is even now still 'repairing' itself...overnight. If it's still 'working' we'll just have to reformat it in the morning.

I just wish I could do that with my own life sometimes. A good clean reformatting might actually do me some good; I've got a lot of junk inside it seems.

No comments: