Wednesday, July 14

The joys of life

Last night when I got to my car the remote didn't unlock the door.  So I unlocked it with the key.  When I turned the key in the ignition, nothing happened.  Literally nothing, no lights came on, no needles fluttered, and the engine might as well have not been there.  The Pearl was dead in the water, so to speak.

Thus begin my adventures for the week so far.  I pushed the button on the wall and called up security, and they dispatched a truck to come jump my car.  I was planning to go to the temple with friends, but wasn't sure if the car would start again.  After driving home, showering (we had been playing basketball after work) and changing my faith was rewarded when the engine sputtered to life without issue.  After the temple it started for a second time on it's own; I decided to tempt fate and stopped to fill my empty tank, and it started on its own power for a third time at the gas station on the way home.

Once home last night I got my things together so that this morning all I had to do was roll out of bed and shave, then I started the three mile bike ride to avoid the construction on my street to get to work.  Once at work I logged my ride as a workout, then used the showers at the fitness center to clean up and get dressed for work.

Once ready I walked upstairs to the cafeteria across from my work area and ordered an omlette for breakfast and bought a minute maid orange juice to reward myself.  I feel like He-man today.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

One, I'm sorry about your car! Two, you could totally misread what you wrote--"After driving home, showering and changing my faith was rewarded when..." as "After driving home, showering, and changing my faith, I was rewarded when..." I hope you didn't change your faith over a dead car!

And three, you totally are He-man.

Unknown said...

Brianne:

1. My car is happier now. Turns out the battery terminals were corroded horribly, that's all.

2. I am still Mormon, despite the fact that I am indeed living outside Utah now.

3. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but have you seen my [lack of] muscles lately?

I really like this numbering business, it helps me feel like I'm getting things done. Bravo!