Saturday, September 29

It snowed today

We've had our first official snowfall here along the Y-mountain front according to my observations this evening. It lasted only a couple hours at most, maybe a bit more in the mountains. Naturally that means that it is quite chilly outside, and if there were any doubts that fall is here, that ought to have quenched them.

I can't think of much to post today...just that I was called a failure in life this morning at breakfast. I'm still taking stock of the significance of that, and making necessary adjustments in my long term goals. I've also decided that I really enjoy hiking. To my readers this may seem random, but I assure you it makes perfect sense to me, so please don't be alarmed. If you must you can just assume that it is an inside joke with myself. I think it is healthy to keep a few of those around every now and then.

There was another notable experience I had today; I went upstairs in the bell tower to practice at half past twelve in the afternoon. I started with a rousing bout of A Poor Wayfaring Stranger that was fit to kill any nearby cats. And possibly some dogs or small birds as well. There is a certain moth that I know of that is trapped in the tower at this moment, probably doomed to certain death due to imprisonment. Again, I am not quite sure how this relates.

In any case, it was a bit scary, but I lived through it to see another day. I did have some slight anxiety that some sort of secret agents or bell tower security squad would storm up the stairs and have a shootout with me trying to stop all the horrible racket, but that seemed only a bit far-fetched of a concern.

Overall, it was a classic rainy day, except it snowed for part of it, too. I should have gotten myself some hot chocolate. Someday maybe I'll realize that goal; although since apparently I am a failure in life, I might have to be careful what I expect of myself from now on.

1 comment:

Bran said...

I think it's great how in Utah it snows once, and then it never again does for a very long time. Kind of mischievious and deceitful if you ask me.