Wednesday, October 31

Halloween 2007

I woke up this morning to find myself in reality, after having dreamed that I was cornered by a velociraptor from Jurassic Park in my bathroom tub. Having considered making a run for it down the hallway and leaping from the balcony, I gave up hope and was preparing myself for a gory death. Then I woke up. Quite nice, I thought--and also fitting with the holiday.

I didn't really have a costume made up for today--I went to class and work wearing my "Front Row Fanatics" shirt from last year--I figured that was enough to inspire fear in most of the rest of the Mountain West Conference, at least. I considered dressing up like Tiger Woods for a while, then decided that I'm just too good looking to pretend to be him.

So I ended up just wearing my 'ie lavalava again. Except this time not bearded and without Chelsea's ukulele--it was in her room, and I'm not allowed to go in there, because that would be scandalous and against the honor code.

In all, I feel that Halloween would indeed be much more interesting if we confused everyone by handing out candy door to door rather than receiving it. It would be a shock wave of change--first we would give people candy door to door, then they would be stuck with too much candy on their hands. Just like in the book "If you give a mouse a cookie," they'll naturally start having to hand their own candy out. This pattern would reciprocate until it fills the whole world with people handing out candy. What an amazing revolution it would be! That's all.

1 comment:

Bran said...

I wonder how much candy I would have to acquire before I started giving it away? If everyone was handing out Frooties, then I would acquire a whole 50 gallon vat before giving any away. If they were bottle caps, maybe a slightly bigger vat. If they were pieces of taffy, maybe I'd only want 2. If it was an assorted variety of my favorite candy I would never give it away because you never know when a disaster will strike.