Wednesday, October 31

The beer shark

Sunday night was full of excitement for me. I walked out onto the balcony and found a shark there. And not just any shark--it had some sort of beer name logo stamped to it's side, showing clearly that it must have been branded as part of some sort of marketing gimmic that was doomed to fail in Provo, and thus found it's way to our balcony.

So I threw the shark at M10. The only unfortunate thing is that the shark had fins, which hinder its forward motion. So it got stuck in the tree. At the top. I was not tall enough.

To make a long story short, I scrambled all around the tree trying to save the poor beer shark. I even went to the point of trying to get it down with the snow shovel I saw in our stairwell. But alas, that was not enough. I finally was able to recruit Brandon's help, and by standing on his shoulders, steadying myself on the tree limbs, and reaching upwards, exerting my tender little efforts to reach it, I was able to grab the hapless creature from its undeserving and uncomfortable fate. After which I attacked people with him. Along with Freddie.

In all, I think we were a success. I got several people with direct hits, and they can now all attest that they were attacked by a beer shark. The end.

And also the throwing of the beer shark followed by crazy pictures.

1 comment:

Bran said...

Once when I was a missionary, I didn't change my clothes before going to give help some people move. They gave me a Molson shirt to put over my shirt and tie. Molson is a huge beer company in Quebec. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but I did it anyways. Next thing I know they've hung a picture of me wearing it in the mission office. I was the official beer advertisement for our mission.