Wednesday, October 29

Dry Dock...again

Sad times ahead for the Pearl, folks.  Last night as I was going to work, she started to rattle somethin' fierce.  I took her to the mechanic this morning, and learned that the supercharger is on its way out, and several other repairs to the pulleys and something called a harmonic hammer (I think) needed fixing.

Fortunately, superchargers are not quite as expensive as I had thought they would be, and most likely I'll be able to get one for less than half the price I thought I'd have to pay, with a 36 month warranty.

In any case...I was thinking for a little while of posting up flyers like "Save the Pearl!  Help the captain find a '94 Buick Park Ave. Ultra supercharger for less than $2500"

It would be pretty pointless at this point, though, since I found one for a fraction of the price.  Maybe I'll make a flyer and post it up just for fun, anyway........


No comments: