Saturday, November 1

Linux!

I remember when my little brother installed ubuntu Linux on his laptop last year, and he showed me how when he closed a window, it would burn up. I thought it was kind of fun, but didn't really give it much attention. Little did I know...

I just installed (then re-installed...due to driver problems with my 19" external monitor) the new release of ubuntu 8.10, Intrepid Ibex. It is exciting to learn a new operating system, let me tell you. I am starting to read up on scripting languages and bash, so I can start learning the guts of how these things work. Hopefully I can figure out how to get the drivers for my nice monitor to work so I can start using Linux more as my primary system. It's refreshing to have another way to use a computer than always hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill my frozen windows programs.

I never thought that I would be like my brother. It turns out that we always were, since birth.

No comments: