Thursday, March 12

Lapsus Lingue

(Latin - a slip of the tongue)

This is what happens in certain situations in life, due to either nervousness, absentmindedness, or even some sort of disconnect between the brain and the mouth.

No matter how much I plan for some things, when it comes right down to it I end up flying by the seat of my pants.  Maybe some of you out there have had the same sort of experiences; you think about what you are going to say, how you are going to say it--and then when there is a pretty girl or a handsome man standing in front of you, and your mind goes blank.  Or maybe you have things all figured out for your public speech of some type, then as you get up to give it, a microscopic leprechaun wipes the chalkboard clean from the back of your mind.

This happened to me again just last night, it seems.  I planned out every step that I was going to take in order to ask someone out for the weekend, then followed none of them in practice.  Somehow it still worked out, though, and I have a date.  Life sure does play some funny tricks sometimes.

No comments: